Thank you for your interest in Turf Removal. Approval of applications will be on a first-come-first serve basis and subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request does not guarantee approval or payment.
The Turf Removal Program has re-launched with new terms and conditions, effective for all new and pending applications.
Commercial turf removal customers may now apply for and receive $1 per square foot, up to $25,000 per property each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). Commercial customers who previously received a turf removal rebate may apply for a rebate for additional areas. However, each property is subject to a maximum of $25,000 per fiscal year.
Watch a tutorial video on reservation creation
Watch a tutorial video on application submission
Access additional contractor and customer tools
Rebate reservations are now available region-wide
Important Program News:
- All commercial customer rebate applications must include a completed W-9 form along with the other required documentation.
- Effective June 1st, 2014, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is offering new incentives for Multi-Family High Efficiency Toilets using 4 liters or less per flush at $145 per toilet.
- Enhanced incentives are now available for Multi-Family High Efficiency Toilets starting at $100 per toilet with a 1.28 GPF.
- Irrigation Controllers/Soil Moisture Sensors now have an increased incentive of $35 per station, based on the capacity of stations.
Turf removal rebates are now being offered starting at $2.00 per square foot.
Rebates are being offered for Plumbing Flow Control Valves and Soil Moisture Sensor Systems.
Follow these steps to reserve and receive your rebate:
- Make a reservation via the online reservation system for a qualified device(s).
- Purchase and install the qualified devices within 60 days of making reservation
- Complete an online application, print and mail the confirmation page to the SoCal Water$mart program for processing including:
- A copy of the water bill for the property at which device was installed.
- Invoice for device(s) purchased showing manufacturer and model numbers.
The 2014-2015 program year commences on June 1, 2014 and ends on June 30, 2015 for Metropolitan Water District's commercial, industrial, and institutional water rebate customers. There are important changes to the rebates, terms and conditions, please review this website and its pages carefully as several important updates have been made.
Download the Customer Checklist
Download the Terms & Conditions