Thank you for your interest in Turf Removal. Approval of applications will be on a first-come-first serve basis and subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request does not guarantee approval or payment.
The Turf Removal Program has re-launched with new terms and conditions, effective for all applications submitted after 1:00 p.m. on May 12, 2015.
Residential turf removal customers may now apply and receive $2 per square foot, up to a maximum of $6,000 per property. Residential customers who previously received a turf removal rebate may apply for a rebate for additional areas. However, each property is subject to a maximum of $6,000 for all past and current turf removal rebate requests combined.
The SoCal Water$mart 2014-2015 commences on June 1, 2014 and ends on June 30, 2015 for Metropolitan Water District's residential water rebate customers. All of the same products and rebates from the previous program are still available. Eligible purchase dates must be no earlier than July 1, 2013 and customer must submit online application for rebate within 1 year from the purchase date on the sales receipt.
Effective June 1, 2014, rebate incentives are being enhanced for High Efficiency Toilets with a 1.28 GPF to $100.
Turf removal rebates are now being offered starting at $2.00 per square foot.
Rebates are being offered for Rain Barrels and Soil Moisture Sensor Systems.
- Irrigation Controllers/Soil Moisture Sensor incentive have been increased to $80 per controller or $35 per station for properties with more than an acre of irrigated area.
- Only one rebate application per product category, per customer.
- Required documentation must be postmarked within 60 days of submission confirmation; this includes a copy of your water bill, sales receipt and a copy of the rebate application confirmation page.
- Rebate amounts vary by participating water agency and are subject to change without notice.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to verify and inspect rebated devices. If installation cannot be verified, the applicant must reimburse Metropolitan, including all associated processing costs, and Metropolitan may elect to use any legal means to recover any rebate funds paid to the applicant.
- New devices added:
- Rain Barrels – rebate is $75 per barrel
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – rebate is $80 or $35 per irrigation station for large residential sites