Thank you for your interest in the SoCal Water$mart rebate program for residential water customers. Please note that funding is limited, and submission of a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate. Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
A limited number of SoCal Water$mart rebates are available for the following devices:
- High-efficiency clothes washers
- High-efficiency toilets
- Rotating sprinkler nozzles (minimum of 15)
- Weather-based irrigation controllers, or "smart" controllers
- Soil Moisture Sensors
- Rain Barrels (maximum of 4)
There have been important changes to the terms and conditions of this program, so please read closely. Check this website regularly for program updates.
Terms and Conditions:
- Funding is limited and submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate. Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Rebate applications are available online and may also be available online at retail stores.
- Required documentation must be submitted within 60 days of application confirmation to be eligible for rebates.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebates, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- Rebate checks will be issued only to the water agency customer directly.
- The device(s) must be a program-qualifying model.
- Installation address must be in Metropolitan's service area.
- Rebate applications must be complete and are subject to verification, accuracy, including all necessary documentation and proof of purchase.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to verify and inspect rebated devices. If installation cannot be verified, the applicant must reimburse Metropolitan, including all associated processing costs.
- Rebate amount may vary by water agency and may be limited up to the cost of the device. Rebates generally may not exceed the maximum estimated rebate per device, and are subject to change without advance notice.
- Metropolitan and participating water agencies are not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed as a result of your receipt of the rebate.
- Metropolitan and participating water agencies make no representation or warranty relating to devices, including any hazardous substances that may be contained in them.
- Applicant waives and releases Metropolitan, participating water agencies, and their contractors or agents from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of the installation or use of qualified products.
- If a customer address has ever received a water agency rebate for the same type of device, the customer is not eligible to receive another rebate.
- Rebate checks will become void 90 days after being issued.
- Third-party website purchases
- Qualifying products purchased through a third-party website (eBay, Amazon, etc.) and installed at a residence within a participating water district are eligible for rebate funds, provided that the product purchased can be verified as new and in its original packaging at the time of purchase.
- Applications with a product purchased through a third-party website must be submitted with a receipt or confirmation identifying the item as new.