Funds for the Apartment Built Before 1994 Program have been exhausted at this time.
No further applications are being accepted.
Please check back for further updates; as projects drop out or are deemed ineligible, program funding may become available.
Metropolitan will offer a flat rate of $250 per premium high-efficiency toilet (1.1 gallons per flush or less) installed in apartments built before 1994.
- Tax assessment documents must be submitted showing the building was built before 1994.
- A pre-inspection must be completed by Metropolitan prior to work commencing. If a pre-inspection is not completed, the application will be void.
- A post inspection will be mandatory prior to payment.
- If the property has previously received a rebate for a toilet in any unit, even though some units may not have been retrofitted, that property is not eligible to participate in this pilot program.
- Contractors are not able to apply directly for rebates.
- Applications will be canceled if not completed within 60 days of project approval.
- Local agencies will not be adding additional funds.