Thank you for your interest in the SoCal Water$mart rebate program for commercial and multi-family water customers. Please read the following terms and conditions of the program to determine eligibility and program restrictions.
Please note that the rebate amount offered may vary by agency. To determine the rebate amount being offered by your water agency, please visit the Estimate Your Rebate page. The estimated rebate listed on this page is the maximum amount possible. Your actual rebate may vary depending upon the cost of the device(s) purchased.
- By applying for a rebate in this program, personal information listed on your application may be subject to disclosure to requesting parties pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
- A confirmed rebate reservation must be obtained prior to the purchase in order to qualify for a rebate.
- Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebates are subject to availability of funds.
- Rebate amount may vary by water agency and may be limited to the cost of the device(s). Rebate amount and requirements are subject to change without advance notice.
- Applications must represent a single installation address only. If a site or property has multiple street addresses, a separate application must be submitted for each individual address.
- A property must be within Metropolitan’s service area. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide accurate water provider information.
- A customer address previously rebated through Metropolitan’s regional or its water agency programs is not eligible to receive another rebate for the same type of device. SoCal Water$mart verifies past participation using the information provided in the rebate application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide accurate information (i.e. street name, unit/apartment number if applicable, etc.) to allow for proper past participation verification.
- Projects requesting over $100,000 of Metropolitan’s funding will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, depending on the availability of budget. If your project is going to exceed $100,000 of Metropolitan’s funding, please contact a customer service representative to inquire about an exception.
- Confirmed reservations are non-transferable and are not assignable.
- Technology or device must be a qualifying model under Metropolitan’s list.
- All devices must be installed prior to the reservation expiration date and submitting an application.
- Rebate reservations expire 60 days after the reservation effective date. A completed rebate application, along with required documentation, must be sent no later than the Reservation Expiration date. Any applications submitted after the 60-day expiration date will not be accepted.
- Rebate checks will be issued only to the commercial, institutional, industrial customers listed on the water bill, and mailed to a verifiable mailing address. Contractors who have enrolled in the Contractor Direct Rebate Option may be eligible to receive rebate checks upon verification of all program qualifications and adherence to the Terms and Conditions.
- Rebate payment cannot exceed the reserved amount and is subject to verification, completeness, and accuracy of all required documentation. Required documentation includes, but is not limited to, a copy of the purchase receipt and a copy of the water bill. The receipt or invoice must include the model number, date of purchase, and proof of full payment while the water bill provided must show the account number, account holder’s name, and water service for the property listed on the application. Additional documentation may be required at any time in order to verify information associated with the rebate application.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebates, and rebate amounts are subject to change at any time.
- Customers of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power are required to obtain a Building and Safety Plumbing Permit from the City of Los Angeles prior to installing toilets or urinals on their properties. The permit must be finalized and must contain specific language regarding the installation. The plumbing permit must contain one or both of the following messages in the description of work:
“LADWP Toilet Program: Replace (Quantity) 1.6gpf with 1.1gpf toilets.” OR “LADWP Toilet Program: Replace (Quantity) 1.5gpf with 0.125gpf urinals.”
- The payee’s Social Security or Tax ID number must be provided via a completed Form W-9 along with the rebate application paperwork in order to receive a rebate. The name on the W-9 must match the name on the rebate check. This form must be completed so that EGIA, the rebate administrator, can properly complete the Form 1099. This requirement is in compliance with exemptions to the Federal Privacy Act of 1974, 42 UCS 405 (c )(2)(c ). The Internal Revenue Service requires Rebate Program participants receiving $600 or more in rebates to receive an IRS Form 1099 unless exemptions apply. Social Security numbers provided as part of the application process are held in confidence under terms of the Privacy Act and are not divulged or otherwise conveyed to individuals or organizations outside the Rebate Program.
- Metropolitan and participating water agencies are not responsible for any taxes, fees or tariffs that may be imposed as a result of device purchase.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to verify and inspect rebated devices. If a device installation cannot be verified, the applicant will be required to refund the rebate amount including all associated processing costs. Access to the rebated device(s) must be provided.
- By participating in the SoCalWater$mart Rebate Program, you authorize the release of your water consumption history from your water provider.
- Disclaimer: Neither the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), nor your local water utility or Retail Water Purveyor, or their contractors or agents, makes any representation or warranty regarding the devices eligible for rebates under this Rebate program, including any hazardous substances that may be contained in the device. By participating in the rebate program, the applicant agrees to waive and release MWD, the Local Water Utility or Retail Water Purveyor, and their contractors or agents, from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of the purchase, installation or use of the devices purchased in connection with the Rebate program. Any claim you may have based upon any defect or failure of performance of a device purchased by you should be pursued with the manufacturer or distributor.