COMING SOON: Multi-Family Property Toilet Replacement
Metropolitan offers incentives to install premium high-efficiency toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) in apartments and other multi-family properties built before 1994. Metropolitan offers $250 rebate to replace toilets using 3.5 or more gallons per flush (gpf) and $125 to replace toilets using 1.6 to 3.4 gallons per flush.
- To apply for a rebate under this program, select “Pre-1994 Multi-Family” from the dropdown menu on the application.
- Tax assessment documents must be submitted showing the building was built before 1994.
- Multi-family properties with two or more units are eligible to apply.
- If the property has previously received a rebate for a toilet in any unit, even though some units may not have been retrofitted, that property is not eligible to participate in this pilot program.
- Contractors are not able to apply directly for rebates.
- A pre-inspection must be completed by Metropolitan prior to work commencing. If a pre-inspection is not completed, the application will be void.
- Applicant will only be paid for units inspected prior to installation.
- Metropolitan will modify application if quantities differ from those found during the inspection. Applicant will be required to confirm modified quantities, if applicable.
- A post-installation inspection will be mandatory prior to payment.
- Applications will be canceled if not completed within 60 days of project approval.
- Local agencies will not be adding additional funds.
- Funding is limited.