Thank you for your interest in the Pre-1994 Multi-Family Property Rebate Program. At this time, all funding has been fully allocated and no new applications are being accepted. Please continue to check this website for updates regarding the next cycle of program funding.
Multi-Family Property Toilet Replacement
Metropolitan offers incentives to install premium high-efficiency toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) in apartments and other multi-family properties built before 1994. Metropolitan offers $250 rebate to replace toilets using 3.5 or more gallons per flush (gpf) and $125 to replace toilets using 1.6 to 3.4 gallons per flush.
- To apply for a rebate under this program, select “Pre-1994 Multi-Family” from the dropdown menu on the application.
- Tax assessment documents must be submitted showing the building was built before 1994.
- Multi-family properties with two or more units are eligible to apply.
- If the property has previously received a rebate for a toilet in any unit, even though some units may not have been retrofitted, that property is not eligible to participate in this pilot program.
- Contractors are not able to apply directly for rebates.
- A pre-inspection must be completed by Metropolitan prior to work commencing. If a pre-inspection is not completed, the application will be void.
- Applicant will only be paid for units inspected prior to installation.
- Metropolitan will modify application if quantities differ from those found during the inspection. Applicant will be required to confirm modified quantities, if applicable.
- A post-installation inspection will be mandatory prior to payment.
- Applications will be canceled if not completed within 60 days of project approval.
- Local agencies will not be adding additional funds.
- Funding is limited.