To receive a reservation for a turf removal rebate, you must have existing turf. If your project has already been started or completed, you are not eligible for a rebate.
To apply for a for turf removal rebate, you must have received a reservation informing you that funding has been reserved for your project. If you begin or complete your project prior to receiving a reservation, you are not eligible for a rebate.
To claim a rebate (if the above conditions have been met), your completed project must:
- Not include any live turf, or turf-looking grasses.
- Include some plants (excluding turf) in the project area.
- Be permeable to air and water to reduce surface area runoff. Areas with concrete, structures or other surfaces that air and water cannot move through will be disqualified.
- Note: Turf areas replaced with structures or any impermeable surfaces will not be eligible for a rebate. Please exclude these turf areas from your measurements to avoid program disqualification and processing delays. Some examples of built structures include: raised patios, decks and garages.
- Pathways with broken concrete (spaced concrete), flagstone or other like materials may be used, but cannot be grouted with cement/concrete. A typical approved filler used for these materials is loose sand.
- If planning to use synthetic turf in the conversion, be new and provide a paid invoice/receipt.
In addition to the above conditions, customers are directed to note the following terms of participation in the Socal Water$mart Rebate Program:
- By applying for a rebate in this program, personal information listed on your application may be subject to disclosure to requesting parties pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
- Rebate amounts may vary by water agency and are subject to change at any time.
- Renters may be eligible to participate with written consent of the property owner. Renter’s name must be on the property water bill.
- All rebated measures and devices are subject to an on-site inspection.
- Metropolitan and participating water agencies are not responsible for any taxes, fees or tariffs that may be imposed as a result of a device or product purchase.
- Metropolitan and participating water agencies make no representation or warranty relating to services, products or devices, including any hazardous substances that may be contained in the product or device. The application form for a rebate is for rebate measures and purchases only.
- Applicant waives and releases Metropolitan, participating agencies, and their contractors or agents from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of the installation and use of services, products and devices pursuant to the Turf Removal Rebate Program.
- If installation/completion cannot be verified, the applicant must reimburse Metropolitan for rebates received and associated processing costs.
- A reduced water bill is not guaranteed.
- Your email address may be used to communicate additional available rebates or programs.
- Rebates are limited to one application per category, per address. If you have already received a rebate through your water service provider for a qualifying measure or device, you may not apply again for the same category.
- Rebate checks issued will become void 90 days after being issued.
- By participating in this program, customers allow Metropolitan to publicize their pre- and post-conversion project photographs. (Address will not be published)
- Deceptive applications are subject to inspections at any time and will be denied if proven inaccurate and/or untrue.
- A pre-approval is solely an estimate and does not guarantee a rebate. Rebate amounts are subject to change upon verification inspection.
Customers are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, codes, policies, covenants, conditions and restrictions.