The Water Savings Incentive Program (WSIP) is designed for non-residential customers improving their water efficiency through upgraded equipment or services that do not qualify for standard rebates. WSIP is unique because it provides an incentive based on the amount of water customers save. This “pay-for-performance” design lets customers implement custom projects for their sites.
Any project that saves at least 10,000,000 gallons of water could qualify for WSIP funding. Examples of successful projects include:
- Changing industrial process water system to capture, treat, and re-use wastewater.
- Replacing water-using equipment with higher efficiency models in commercial facilities such as kitchens or laundries.
- Upgrading existing irrigation systems or landscaping to improve water use efficiency for agricultural operations and large landscapes.
- Contracting for water management services to improve landscape water efficiency.
- Capturing condensation and using it to supplement cooling tower water supply for increased efficiency.